Sunday, April 29, 2012

Junior Tee

It's been almost 3 months since my baby was born (CRY!). Recovery has been more difficult than I thought it would be for me, but I am starting to do much better now.

May I introduce you to Junior Tee!



He was born February 2nd, 2012. 6 pounds, 13 oz. 20 inches. He was and is so perfect!

He has been nothing but perfectly sweet. Very little colic and just so happy!


We arrived early morning at the hospital the day of the birth (I was 1st cesarean of the day), and I was quickly prepped for surgery. The epidural was quite painful for me; I wasn't really expecting that. I knew it would hurt, but wow! It immediately started to numb my right side, but my left still had feeling for a while. We were worried about it, so the nurses tipped me on my side to try to get the epidural to flow over. It worked (thank goodness!), and off we were to surgery! Mr Tee was right by my side, and things went fairly quickly. My anesthesiologist was named Patrick (Pat), and he was the kindest nurse I've ever had. When Jr Tee arrived, and Mr Tee went to care for him while I was being stitched up, Pat quietly removed my glasses and wiped my tears for me. It was a tender gesture I won't soon forget.

The moment Jr Tee was born, Audioslave's Like A Stone was playing on the radio in the operating room. Mr Tee didn't want to see any part of the surgery, so he stayed behind the curtain with me, but at the last moment, he hopped up and took a picture right as my doctor was removing Jr Tee. Then he plopped right back down. It was cute :) The doctors all declared how adorable he was, and I started crying right away. I was so overcome with love for him already, and I still hadn't even seen him! It reminded me of when we first met Little Tee at her birth. It is amazing how you can instantly love this little person you've never met before! It's so wonderful.




I do have to brag a little bit here. We were treated to the most amazing recovery room ever. It's called a "super-suite", and we got it because Mr Tee works for a company that serves this hospital. It literally was like a big hotel room....a big living room with a plush Murphy Bed for the husband, a sofa bed for any children, and their own bathroom, along with a kitchenette. Then I had my own bedroom just off the main area with a large stone bathroom and waterfall shower. It was magnificent! Because of some swelling issues, and because my silly epidural took a few days to wear off (not kidding...I couldn't walk or eat until it wore off!), we were in the hospital for 5 days. It was so great to have a little home instead of spending all of that time in a small room. Also, my own bidet. 'Nuff said. :D




We were also blessed that, due to a storm, Mr Tee's parents' flight was re-directed from Denver to Dallas. They were able to spend a few days with Little Tee, and they stayed with her at our home. The timing couldn't have been any better! Little Tee also stayed with some of our fantastic friends here...we really have such wonderful and selfless friends.




Little Tee has had very little jealousy, and has been eager to hug, kiss and help her little brother. She doesn't enjoy sharing toys with him, but she has occasionally offered her snacks to him!

We still haven't settled into much of a routine; the days and nights are still in flux, as are his feeding times. We just kind-of go with the flow, and soon enough, the day is already over! I started working again after 6 weeks, so our days are very full.


A few things about Jr Tee:
*He laughs in his sleep
*He started rolling onto his sides/rolling over at around 3 weeks old
*He started holding his head up at about 3 weeks as well
*He looks just like his daddy, red hair and all
*He has my nose, though
* Diaper time was terrifying for us for the first month or so. It was a race to get a new diaper on him, in hopes that he wouldn't shoot us with poo! Yeah. I know.
*He loves to "coo" and smile at us
*He nurses like a champ, but will usually accept a bottle of pumped milk as well (!!)
*He slept 7 hours at night starting at about 2 months
*He is the cutest baby boy I've ever seen!


Welcome, little one! We love you!


2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm glad you posted and glad you're all doing well! That little guy is adorable for sure! So happy you're feeling good enough to blog again!

    ReplyDelete